Last modified on 3/7/2022
- The types of information about you that Company collects through the Site and, in certain circumstances, in person at our locations;
- How Company collects such information;
- How Company uses such information;
- Whether information collected about you will be shared with others;
- Company’s security measures for protecting information collected through the Site; and
- Your options with respect to the information we collect.
- Services: We believe in sustainable healing. We bring young people from self-destruction to self-esteem by treating the underlying causes of maladaptive and high-risk behavior. We treat individuals ages 12–28 who are struggling with depression, anxiety, eating disorders, trauma, dual diagnosis, and substance abuse. Newport Healthcare is a different kind of treatment center. Through our clinical expertise and integrated care, we empower teens and young adults and restore families. We are a treatment center that provides the safety, support, and, above all, the unconditional love that young people and their families need to heal.
- Personal Information: Personal information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could be reasonably associated or linked with a particular person or household. It also includes other information that may be associated with your personal information, such as your Usage Data, location, preferences or interests, if that information can be used to identify you, your household, or your device.
- Usage Data: We may also collect Personal Information on how you access and use our services. We call this type of Personal Information, “Usage Data.” This Usage Data helps us understand how users interact with our Website, and may include information such as your computer’s IP address, cookie information, browser type, browser version, aggregate Website usage metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, and usage patterns within the Website, the pages of our services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, device information such as device settings, user preferences, and unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
- Cookies: Cookies are small files stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Consumer: Any individual who is the subject of the personal information collected and/or processed.
Information We Collect
Personal Information Collected. The personal information collected from you through the Site may include your:
- Your name (First, last, and/or middle name);
- Mailing address;
- E-mail address;
- Fax number;
- Telephone number;
- IP Address;
- Date of birth;
- Driver’s license number;
- Electronic signature;
- Payment card information (e.g. credit card and debit card information)
- Insurance information (e.g., insurance member identification number and primary subscriber’s name);
- Name and location of school you attend;
- Billing and payment information (e.g., checking account number, credit card number, expiration date, verification code, accountholder name, cardholder name, billing address, mailing address, tax ID number);
- Usage Data (defined above)
If you use your mobile device to access or use the Site, we may collect the following information:
- The name associated with your mobile device;
- The address associated with your mobile device;
- The telephone number associated with your mobile device;
- The geolocation of your mobile device;
- The mobile device ID information;
- With your express agreement, your mobile contacts and/or contact information (e.g., names, telephone numbers, physical addresses, e-mail addresses, photos); and/or
- With your express agreement, information about third-party software applications on your mobile device (including, without limitation, general software apps, and online social media apps).
We may also collect the above information from you under certain circumstances when you visit our facilities in person. This may include the following:
- Security camera feeds and images;
- Facial recognition and thermal imaging;
- Other videos and photos used for security purposes.
Business Information: Through our webforms we may collect information related to third party companies such as referring partnerships, including but not limited to the name, title, business, and address and insurance information of the companies’ and from possible clients’ point-of contact. In such situations, the information relates to the company and does not qualify as the point-of-contact’s “personal information.”
Tracking and Cookies Data: We may use first and third-party cookies and similar tracking technologies to track the activity on our Services. Cookies are files with a small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to analyze and improve our Service. Please be advised that if you choose to reject all cookies, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
- Examples of cookies we use:
- First-Party Cookies
- Advertisement attribution for services such as Facebook Pixel;
- Analytics and session data for services such as Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, and Bing;
- User traffic attribution for services such as Pardot;
- User interaction tracking for users who engage with ZenDesk chat.
- Third-Party Cookies
- Advertisement attribution for services such as Bing, StackAdapt, LinkedIn Pixel, and Double Click;
- Analytics and session data for services such as Crazy Egg, Invoca, and Pardot;
- Functional cookies for LinkedIn user interaction and sharing and Vimeo video playback functionality;
- Security such as Google’s reCAPTCHA spam prevention and Cloudflare attack prevention.
- First-Party Cookies
Other Technologies: We collect many different types of information from other technologies to improve the quality of our Site and the services we provide. For example, we may collect Usage Data and other information about the device you use to access our Site, your operating system and/or mobile device type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. We may record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
These technologies include web beacons and scripts:
Web beacons are pieces of code embedded in a website or e-mail to monitor your activity on the website or your opening of the e-mail, and which can pass along information such as the IP address of the computer or device you use to view the website or open the e-mail, the URL page on which the web beacon is located, the type of web browser that was used to access the website, and previously set cookie values. Web beacons are sometimes used to collect advertising data, such as counting page views, promotion views or advertising responses. Disabling your computer’s, device’s or web browser’s cookies may prevent some web beacons from tracking or recording certain information about your activities. Please be advised that if you disable all such cookies, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
Scripts are pieces of code embedded in a website to define how the website behaves in response to certain key or click requests sent by the user. Scripts are sometimes used to collect information about the user’s interactions with the website, such as the links the user clicks on. Scripts are often temporarily downloaded to the user’s computer or device from the website server, active only while the user is connected to the Site and deactivated or deleted when the user disconnects from the website. Please be advised that if you disable any scripts through your web browser or other means, then certain areas of the Site might not function properly.
How We Collect Information
We collect the personal information you directly provide to us, personal information collected when you use our Services (including our Site), and personal information received from third parties.
Personal information you give us
We collect your personal information when:
- You register with or subscribe to the Site (e.g., by subscribing to Company’s regular or promotional e-mail lists through the Site);
- You complete and submit any online enrollment, pre-enrollment, insurance verification, and/or “contact us” forms;
- You allow the Site to access, upload, download, import, or export content found on, or to otherwise interact with, your computer or mobile device (or any other device you may use to visit, access, or use the Site) or online accounts with third-party websites, networks, platforms, servers, or applications (e.g., your online social media accounts, your cloud drives and servers, or your mobile device service provider);
- You share certain content or communications from the Site with third parties;
- You answer an online survey or questionnaire.
- You submit a comment, message, or other communication (such as an e-mail, letter, fax, phone call, or voice message) about you and/or your activities on or through the Site.
Personal information we collect when you use our Services
Additionally, we may collect some in-person data automatically, such as security camera images and footage when you visit our locations.
Personal information we receive from other sources/third parties
We obtain certain kinds of personal information about you from third parties. For example, we may collect usage data of your visits to our Site from the service providers that help us operate our Site or improve its functionality. We also collect information about you from data aggregation and data analytics services like Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a digital analytics service offered by Google Inc. that tracks, measures and generates information about a website’s traffic, sales, and similar information, and which may be used for statistical and marketing research. Please see http://www.google.com/analytics for more information about Google Analytics. We may use other third-party analytic services as well. Other examples of personal information we collect from third parties include: personal information captured in online forms. In Salesforce, this may include data such as an individual’s first and last name, Relationship to client, Email Address, Phone Number, Mailing Address, Zip Code, Summary of Issues, “How did you hear about us,” “Who referred you,” “Programs interested in,” “Insurance Information,” “Insurance Subscriber Information,” “Disorder Inquiring About” and other such information. In Lightning Step, our electronic medical records (“EMR”) provider, this may also include information relating to individuals’ diagnoses and treatment. With your approval we may also use your information and story in our marketing materials.
How We Use Your Information
Company may use the information it collects in a variety of ways for its business or commercial purposes, such as to:
- Fulfill your requests;
- Process insurance requests and/or payments;
- Facilitate your movement through the Site;
- Facilitate your use of the Site’s features, products, and/or services;
- Send you communications such as administrative e-mails, promotional e-mails, answers to your questions, and updates about the Site;
- Provide you with information about Company and its businesses, products, and services by letter, e-mail, text, telephone, or other forms of communication;
- Provide you with information about third-party businesses, products, and services by letter, e-mail, text, telephone, or other forms of communication;
- Improve the Site and/or the Site’s content, features, and/or services;
- Improve Company’s products, services, and/or marketing efforts;
- Create new Company products, services and/or marketing efforts;
- Help personalize user experiences with the Site and/or the Site’s products and/or services;
- Analyze traffic to and through the Site;
- Analyze user behavior and activity on or through the Site;
- Conduct research and measurement activities;
- Monitor the activities of you and others on or through the Site;
- Protect or enforce Company’s rights and properties;
- Protect or enforce the rights and properties of others;
- Where you otherwise have given Company your consent and permission to do so; and
- Comply with applicable laws, in response to a lawful and enforceable request by a law enforcement, judicial, or other public authority, or in connection with an applicable legal obligation.
How We Share Your Information
Information we share with third parties
We may share your information with third parties, our service providers, and our parent and affiliate companies. We may share your information with third parties as follows:
- We may share alumni names, contact information, images, and videos on or through the Site with your consent.
- We may share your information with third parties to provide our Services to you, improve the quality of our Services, and protect our users and our network against fraud and security threats. We may share your information with our third-party service providers that facilitate the functions of our Site, such as our web hosting and cloud storage providers. We may also provide your personal information, Business Information, and/or other information to service providers or contractors to perform functions on our behalf, including assisting us in providing our Services to you.
We may also disclose or share your information:
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- To protect and defend Company’s rights or property.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services.
- To protect the personal safety of individuals or the public.
- To protect against legal liability.
- When there is a good faith belief that such action is necessary to investigate or protect against harmful activities to our guests, visitors, associates, or property (including the Site), or to others (including Company itself). This may include disclosures to law enforcement to investigate potential criminal activity or other civil violations.
We share or otherwise disclose Personal Information, Business Information, and/or other types of information to the following types of entities:
- Fulfillment Service Providers: We use certain fulfillment service providers, companies, individuals, and agents to facilitate and help us provide our Services. Such Fulfillment Service Providers perform tasks, services, or functions on our behalf, or assist us in analyzing how our Services are used or delivered. These Fulfillment Service Providers may include payment card processors, cloud-based storage and web-hosting providers, and other vendors that assist us in providing our Services. These Fulfillment Service Providers are granted access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities: We may share or disclose your information to other entities that make up the Newport Healthcare organization, or other companies within the Newport Healthcare family.
- Marketing Providers: We may provide information to third parties to assist us with our marketing and advertising efforts.
- Law Enforcement or Other Government Authority: We may from time to time be required to provide information to law enforcement or other governmental authorities pursuant to a warrant, court order, or other lawful process.
We have shared or disclosed the following types of information over the last twelve (12) months:
|Category of Information||Examples/Types of Data||Types of Entities to which Data is Disclosed|
|Identifying Information||Your name; contact information (mailing address, email, telephone number(s)); location information; driver’s license information; date of birth, gender; name and location of school; electronic information.||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Marketing Providers (alumni data only with consent), Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Device Information||Mobile device, name, identifier and address; geolocation; and other information you make available to us||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Marketing Providers, Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Financial Information||Billing and payment information; insurance information; and other financial-related information||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Usage Data and Technical Information||Cookies, Usage Data, or data collected as described under Other Technologies||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Marketing Providers, Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Security-Related Information||Security camera feeds and images; facial recognition and thermal imaging; and other videos and photos used for security purposes||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Other Data||Other information you choose to provide us that can identify you||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Category of Information||Identifying Information|
|Examples/Types of Data||Your name; contact information (mailing address, email, telephone number(s)); location information; driver’s license information; date of birth, gender; name and location of school; electronic information.|
|Types of Entities to which Data is Disclosed||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Marketing Providers (alumni data only with consent), Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Category of Information||Device Information|
|Examples/Types of Data||Mobile device, name, identifier and address; geolocation; and other information you make available to us|
|Types of Entities to which Data is Disclosed||Our Fulfillment Service Providers, Marketing Providers, Other Newport Healthcare Affiliated Entities, and Law Enforcement or other Government Authorities (where required)|
|Types of Entities to which Data is Disclosed|
|Category of Information||Usage Data and Technical Information|
|Examples/Types of Data||Cookies, Usage Data, or data collected as described under Other Technologies|
|Types of Entities to which Data is Disclosed|
|Category of Information||Security-Related Information|
|Examples/Types of Data||Security camera feeds and images; facial recognition and thermal imaging; and other videos and photos used for security purposes|
|Types of Entities to which Data is Disclosed|
|Category of Information||Other Data|
|Examples/Types of Data||Other information you choose to provide us that can identify you|
|Types of Entities to which Data is Disclosed|
We do not sell your personal information.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties. Please note that “sale” of personal information does not include those instances when such information is part of a merger, acquisition, or other transaction involving all or part of our business. If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or other business transaction, we may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of that transaction. If such transaction materially affects the manner in which your personal information is processed, we will notify you of such change prior to its implementation.
How your information is stored, transferred, and secured
Company has security measures in place that seek to mitigate risk and uses reasonable, appropriate and customary procedures and technologies to help protect the confidentiality of any Personal Information collected through the Site, such as encrypting the transmission of information through the Site by using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. However, no website can be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts despite our precautions. Furthermore, Company does not control the devices, computer or network through which you access the Site or over which you may choose to send personal information, insurance or payment information to the Site, and therefore cannot prevent potential interceptions or compromises to your information while in transit to the Site. Company makes no guarantee as to the security, integrity or confidentiality of any information transmitted to or from the Site. Company is committed to safeguarding your information to the best of its ability but cannot guarantee the security of electronic communications or transmission made over the Internet.
Personal information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, our service providers and other third parties who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above, or any other party that you have provided us with authorization to share such information with.
We store your information on systems maintained by our third party cloud-based data hosting providers. We do not transfer your information to locations outside of the United States. This information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States according to its laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the personal information.
Links to Other Sites
To request the removal of information about a minor from this Site, parents or guardians may submit a request to one of the following sources with the subject line “Removal of Minor Information.” Such requests must come from the minor’s parents or guardian; minors may not submit information to us via email.
Mail: Newport Healthcare, Attn.: Support, 3990 Hillsboro Pike Suite 330, Nashville, TN 37215.
Your submission by mail or email should include the following information:
- The nature of your request;
- The identity of the content or information to be removed;
- Whether such content or information is found on the site;
- The location on content or information on the site (e.g., providing the url for the specific web page the content or information is found on);
- That the request is related to the “removal of minor information;”
- Your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and e-mail address; and
- Whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or e-mail.
Company will not accept any Request for Removal of Minor Information via telephone or facsimile.
Privacy Information for Non-California Residents
You may request at any time that Company provide you with an opportunity to review and change your personal information collected through the Site, or to no longer use your personal information to provide you with any products or services. Please submit any such request (“Request Concerning Personal Information”) as instructed below.
By mail: Newport Healthcare, Attn.: Support, 3990 Hillsboro Pike Suite 330, Nashville, TN 37215, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of “Your Personal Information.”
By phone: +1 855 929 2530
For each, Request Concerning Personal Information, please state “Your Personal Information” in the e-mail or letter subject line, and clearly state the following in the body:
- the nature of your request;
- that the request is related to “Your Personal Information;”
- your name, street address, city, state, zip code, and e-mail address; and
- whether you prefer to receive a response to your request by mail or e-mail.
If you send a Request Concerning Personal Information by mail, then please do so by U.S. Certified Mail, Return Receipt Requested to allow for confirmation of mailing, delivery, and tracking. Company will not accept a Request Concerning Personal Information via telephone or facsimile. Company is not responsible for any Request Concerning Personal Information that is incomplete, incorrectly labeled, or incorrectly sent.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy and content of your personal information, and for keeping your personal information current and correct.
Privacy Information for California Residents
California residents are afforded certain rights related to their information under California law known as the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). Newport Healthcare aims to take reasonable steps to allow California residents to access or delete your Personal Information, and exercise other applicable rights.
Your California Privacy Rights
Company has in place policies and procedures to facilitate the exercise of privacy rights available to California residents under applicable law. If you are a California resident, you may be entitled to the following:
- Right to Access: to have access to your personal information upon simple request – that is, you may receive a copy of such information upon receipt of a verifiable request, along with other information related to the collection or processing.
- Disclosure of Direct Marketers: to have access upon simple request, and free of charge, the categories and names/addresses of third parties that have received personal information for direct marketing purposes. Please see the “Your California Privacy Rights” section below for more information.
- Right to Information About Collecting, Selling, Sharing, or Disclosing Personal Information: upon receipt of a verifiable request, you may obtain a list of:
- The specific pieces of your personal information Company holds;
- The categories of personal information collected about you, sold to third parties, or disclosed to third parties for business purposes;
- The categories of personal information sold within the last 12 months;
- The categories of sources from which personal information is collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information; and
- The categories of third parties with whom personal information is shared, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Opt Out of the Sale of Personal Information: California residents have the right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information under certain circumstances. As we noted above, Newport Healthcare does not sell individuals’ personal information.
- Right to Deletion: to obtain the deletion of your personal information in the situations set forth by applicable data protection law and upon receipt of a verifiable request.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. As defined under relevant law, you have a right to non-discrimination in the Services or quality of Services you receive from us for exercising your rights.
Please contact us using the means listed in the “Contact Us” Section below in relation to exercising these rights. Note that we may ask you to verify your identity—such as by requiring you to provide information about yourself—before responding to such requests.
Submitting a Verifiable Request under the CCPA
As mentioned above, California residents have certain rights to access, delete, or otherwise exercise rights regarding their personal information under the CCPA. Company will respond to an individual’s “verifiable request” to exercise his or her rights under the CCPA—that is, where Company has received a request purporting to be from a particular individual, and Company has been able to verify the individual’s identity. The need to verify an individual’s identity is critical to protecting your information, and to ensuring that your information is not shared with anyone pretending to be you or someone who is not authorized to act on your behalf.
Submitting your request. You may submit a verifiable request via the contact information listed in the “Contact Us” section below. Company will ask you to provide information about yourself so that we can verify your identity as part of this process. This information may include your name, address, whether you have an account with Company, and other information deemed necessary by Company to reasonably verify your identity. Once we have your submission, we will compare the information you provided to the information we have about you to verify your identity. If necessary, we may ask for additional information if we have difficulty confirming your identity. We will not share your information or honor other requests in those situations where we are unable to confirm that a request for your information is a “verifiable request.” We will not be able process your request if we cannot verify your identity.
Submitting a request through an authorized agent. Under California law a California resident can appoint an “authorized agent” to make certain verifiable requests upon their behalf, such as the right to know what information we collect about the consumer or to request deletion of the consumer’s information. An authorized agent may submit a request by following the steps outlined above. An authorized agent must identify the consumer he or she is submitting a request on behalf of, and provide the information requested by Company to verify the consumer’s identity. Company will also require the purported authorized agent to submit proof that he or she has been authorized by the consumer to act on the consumer’s behalf.
Because the security and privacy of your information is paramount, we will ask that you identify and provide permission in writing for such persons to act as your authorized agent and exercise your applicable rights under California law in such situations. This may require us to contact you directly and alert you that an individual has claimed to be your agent and is attempting to access or delete your information. We will also independently verify your identity to ensure that an unauthorized person is not attempting to impersonate you and exercise your rights without authorization. We will not share your information or honor any other requests in those situations where you cannot or do not grant permission in writing for an identified authorized agent to act on your behalf, or where we cannot independently verify your identity.
Your California Privacy Rights Regarding Direct Marketing Information
California residents have the right to request information from a company regarding the manner in which it shares certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, in addition to the rights set forth above.
Under California law, you have the right to send us a request at the designated address listed below in the “Contact Us” section to receive the following information:
- The categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year;
- The names and addresses of the third parties that received the information; and
- If the nature of the third party’s business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
To make such a request, please provide sufficient information for us to determine if this applies to you, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident. Please also provide a current California address for our response. You may make this request in writing to us at the below address. Any such request must include “California Privacy Rights Direct Marketing Information Request” in the first line of the description, and include your name, street address, city, state and ZIP code. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the address provided for this purpose below.
Note that responsive information may be provided in a standardized format that is not specific to you.
Our Policy on “Do Not Track” Signals under the California Online Protection Act
We do not support Do Not Track. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable “Do Not Track” by visiting the “Preferences” or “Settings” page of your web browser.
Newport Healthcare tracks users across time and over different websites or platforms.
Third parties may collect data that relates to you. We cannot control third parties’ responses to do-not-track signals or other such mechanisms. Third parties’ use of data relating to you and responsiveness to do-not-track signals is governed by their respective privacy policies.
California residents may make a CCPA Rights Request by contacting us at the following:
By Phone: +1 855 929 2530